TPI Polene Energy (TPIPP), the most important waste-to-energy (WTE) mission developer and operator in Thailand, introduced its coal-free plans as a part of a broader green initiative. The Inventory Change of Thailand (SET)-listed agency intends to be absolutely fuelled by renewable power sources by 2026.

Pakkapol Leopairut, TPIPP Govt Vice-President for accounting and finance, detailed the corporate’s formidable green transition plan. Coal consumption, which stands at 872,000 tonnes for this 12 months, is projected to be greater than halved to 320,000 tonnes within the following 12 months. By 2026, the corporate goals to remove the usage of coal.

The shift in direction of renewables kicked off with the launch of the Mission to No Emissions marketing campaign in 2022. TPIPP is ready to allocate greater than 15 billion baht to this sustainability drive. It plans to switch coal with refuse-derived gas (RDF), photo voltaic and wind power, in addition to warmth harnessed from the cement manufacturing course of at a manufacturing unit operated by mum or dad firm TPI Polene.

Leopairut revealed that RDF’s contribution to the gas combine is anticipated to rise from the present 50% to 74% in 2026. Concurrently, the share of photo voltaic and wind power will enhance from 11% to 18%, with the stability provided by warmth. The agency’s energy era capability for this 12 months is estimated at 496 megawatts (MW), with 150 MW derived from coal and the rest from warmth and renewable fuels.

As a part of its technique to broaden capability by way of green power, TPIPP will assemble a 9.9 MW WTE facility in Nakhon Ratchasima, which is slated to start operations in early 2026. In 2021, the corporate received the correct to construct an 8 MW WTE plant in Songkhla province, and it anticipates the plant can be operational by subsequent 12 months.

At present, 70% of TPIPP’s energy output is offered to the state grid, whereas the remaining 30% is provided to TPI Polene underneath the impartial energy producer scheme.

Regardless of the expiration of the adder tariff granted to its two WTE era amenities, which reduces its income, Worawit Lerdbussarakam, TPIPP’s Vice-President, expects a 12% enhance in income to 12.2 billion baht this 12 months, up from 10.9 billion in 2023. This optimistic projection is attributed to a price discount programme and surging energy demand.

In 2024, TPIPP goals to lower the manufacturing value of RDF by between 5% and 10% from 730 baht per tonne final 12 months. The corporate goals to carry the associated fee all the way down to 700 baht a tonne subsequent 12 months, as per Lerdbussarakam.

Enterprise Information